This guide will walk you through the process of installing and configuring the OpenVPN client. Once complete, you will be able to successfully access business resources while outside of the office.
- Using your preferred browser, go to https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
- Download the latest OpenVPN Client as shown below:
- Install the OpenVPN Client accepting all default values. If asked if you wish to install the Windows TAP Network Adaptor, select Install.
- With the OpenVPN Client successfully installed, browse the Start Menu and select OpenVPN configure file directory.
- Extract the provided ZIP file containing your OpenVPN Certificate.
- Copy the contents of the extracted ZIP file into the OpenVPN configure file directory. Accept any administrative prompts.
- Double-click the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop to start the VPN client. The client will automatically load and process the provided configuration files.
- Within the bottom right-hand taskbar, right-click the OpenVPN icon and select Connect.
- Enter your OpenVPN password provided to you previously.
- If the VPN connection is established, the window will automatically disappear and a message within the bottom right-hand corner will indicate that the connection has been established.
To disconnect, simply, right-click the OpenVPN icon with the taskbar and select Disconnect.